What's a Birthday Challenge?
Tuco: The official mascot of birthdaychallenge.com
9 - 10
Since one of the reasons that I chose to do a multi-day birthday
challenge this year was to see how I would hold up throughout it I figured that writing an
online diary would serve two purposes. One, it will get me to actually record what I'm
doing--something that I haven't always been good at--and two, since I'm making this
public, it should provide a little more pressure and doesn't give me an easy option to
bail if things start going poorly (not that I would do this but ...). And believe me,
things going poorly is an option.
Here are a couple of things that it might help you to decipher my
- My (well, mine Bob and Rachel's) dog is named Kailo but is usually
referred to as Tuco, Ratso, or The Rat.
- My cars are referred to by name. The Lizzy is my '91 BMW convertible and
the Asteroid or The Pork Chop Express is my '85 Toyota Van, arguably the best vehicle
every made (270,000 miles and going strong).
- My friends all have numerous nicknames and I will try and somehow keep
them clear. Here are a couple of people that may come up a lot:
Bob - Roberto, Minister, Bill, Dolworth, Enzo
Reed - Bubba, Senor Leer, The Jesus
Todd - Mr. Sing--hell, could be referred to as almost anything
Phil - Bambino, Bert, Aguafina, White Cougar, many different Chinese names.
- I am also referred to by many names including: Manny, Stainless, Rico,
Fardan, Ted, Varjak, Jacques.
- Hawk is a real person.
- Todd Mei and I made a film called Icarus Descending and wrote a much more
normal film called Arroyo Grande. I don't know why this should come up but it probably
- I'm more influenced by Papa Hemingway than I should be and therefore
often scrawl crazy, nonsensical things whilst drunk and should not be held accountable for
I'm sure there's more I should warn you about but that's all I can think
Thanks for tuning in,
Santa Barbara, CA
To report a technical problem with this website: